Monday, March 9, 2015

This time, Pepperidge Farm wants us to reimagine dessert.

Anything to sell more cookies, I suppose.  Well, I was a sucker once again but this is the last time, especially if I see "reimagined" on the package.

This variety is supposed to offer the experience of blueberry cobbler.  It doesn't.  While there is a distinct blueberry flavor, I wasn't able to finish the one cookie I sampled.  Too soggy.  In fact, I knew before I had taken the first bite that I wasn't going to be pleased, just from the moist, sticky, limp feel of it as it came out of the package.  It's that "raw cookie dough" effect again.  

I was inspired to look up an actual recipe for blueberry cobbler, though. Sounds like a great idea when it's not a cookie with pretensions!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment