Monday, January 5, 2015

While I'm usually not a fan of "high fat and salt", I do sometimes try a prepared dinner item.  Yesterday, I succumbed to this.

Note that it says "baked chicken breast" on the front of the box.  All I can say is, the corresponding item inside never came off the chicken in this condition. What you get is a sponge.  Well okay, a "tender white meat chicken with homestyle gravy and russet mashed potatoes" sponge.

"Flash frozen", it says on the back of the box.  Yes, but after what? A team of chefs attacking it with ice-picks round the clock in shifts for two weeks? Stuffing it through an industrial-capacity paper shredder?  Or did they hire somebody to pre-chew it for the consumer and then spit it back into their little black plastic dish before adding the gravy?  Sorry if I'm grossing you out, but that's exactly how the texture comes across.

This thing is not fit for human consumption.  I wouldn't feed it to a dog.  In fact, it would probably gag my kitchen sink disposer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment