Monday, February 9, 2015

I'm not a big fan of commercially baked cookies. They're all too sweet and I don't like the superfine texture. But now and then I succumb.  It happens I would truly enjoy a mid-morning snack to go with my tea (Like the British, I indulge in "elevenses" most days) but I have yet to find anything that satisfies without being overly sweet and/or gooey.  This cookie/coffee-cake hybrid (or so the wording on the bag suggests) seemed like it might be just the thing.  And then I tried it.

Really, it's just another cookie, and not a very good one at that.  For one thing, it's soggy (I've noticed that "soft-baked" in commercially baked cookies tends to come across as "under-baked"; no exception here).  There's nothing "cinnamon bun" about it except for an aspect of the flavor (the other aspect is pumpkin and I've never liked pumpkin). 

I will have to "re-imagine" my morning some other way.  In the meantime, if anybody reading this is in the mood for a cinnamon bun, then I suggest you buy an actual cinnamon bun.  This product will not deliver the same experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment